Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Henna for Hair

Henna for Hair - oomph. this is an excellent article on the costs of artificial beauty. i don't think i'll be dying my hair again (boo hoo, i love my pink hair)... becuase i think i may already have a sensitization to this chemical, i have a lot of the allergies listed.

PPD is not legal for use on skin, it's far too toxic ... yet it is allowed in hair dyes - and when we dye our hair, it gets all over our scalp, ears...

we think that things like the FDA and the canadian equivalent are watchin out for us.... but if they were, this stuff would not be allowed on the shelf. as it is, they are obviously able to see the logical idiocy of allowing it!

fact of the matter is, we need to look out for these things ourselves... and let others know about it when we find out about it. education.

and then be wise stewards over our bodies.... and not stick our heads in the sand and think it's gonna go away.

i guess i'll be using lemon juice to lighten my hair from now on....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you done highlighting at a salon?

I was a long time Manic Panic-er (which is really quite safe as far as colors go), but I've recently switched to highlights at a salon. I've been doing a mixture of really bright blonde and really bright red (with some chocolate brown ones the last time) in my curly hair, and its been great! It doesn't touch your scalp, which I appreciate.

Lemon juice always made my hair green, lol. I did Kool-Aid in it a few times in high school, and it made it a nice bright pink, but it didn't last very long. The Manic Panic lasted a lot longer.

The MP page has some pictures of dyed dreads, and they look so beautiful - http://manicpanic.com/tips.html Ahhhhhhh... dreads are great. I love those pink and orange ones on there!

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

John's Christian Music Codes "Art in Me" by Jars of Clay - do you see the art in Him?

validate





this is me!

i am Lynnie Ha...you can find out more about me ~here!~

browsehappy.com

imageshack

Anti Spam

spampoison

Give credit where credit is due!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape